Overview of Residency
STEP 1: PROVISIONAL RESIDENCY:
NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE VISA AND PROVISIONAL RESIDENCY:
- Bank statements for the last three months.
- Two frontal photos (2×2).
- Lab Test (HIV, drug test) and a letter from a Doctor stating that you do not have communicable diseases. For those already in the D.R. we provide information of facilities that perform the medical test and provide the medical certificate.
- Birth certificate (apostille or legalized)
- Certificate of good conduct from police (apostille or legalized)
- Copy of valid passport
- Provide the required documentation according to the visa category. (Work, retired, investment, married to a Dominican or a resident; proof that you have been living in the country for long period). If you are a missionary or NGO you will need a letter confirming your status from your organization.
DOCUMENTATION ABREU WILL PROVIDE FOR YOU
- UPS charge (2)
- Consulate fee
- Id from guarantor
- Proof of solvency from guarantor
- Notarized letter of guarantee from a Dominican person
- Letter of intent
- Work letter (or status letter in the case of volunteers)
- Translation and legalization of all documents in Dominican Republic.
- Visa application form
STEP 2: PROVISIONAL RESIDENCY:
- A residency visa from the Dominican Consulate or Embassy in the country of origin prior to arrival.
- Valid passport for a year from the date the process for residency is initiated.
- If applying as a couple, marriage certificate authenticated with an apostille or sealed by the Minsitry of Foreign Affairs in the country of origin and the Dominican Consulate.
- Original or certified copy of birth certificate authenticated with an apostille or sealed by the Minsitry of Foreign Affairs in the country of origin and the Dominican Consulate.
- Certificate of good conduct from your country authenticated with an apostille or notarized or sealed by the Minsitry of Foreign Affairs in the country of origin and the Dominican Consulate.
- Medical test performed by the Immigration Department (x-rays, urine test, blood test)
- Affidavit by two residents of the Dominican Republic regarding the moral standing and good behavior of the applicant.
- Notarized letter of guarantee from a Dominican person or corporation or a permanent resident. (We can provide guarantor services for an additional cost)
- A certificate of good behavior from the Dominican authorities.
- Proof of solvency of the guarantor
- Application form
- Translation to spanish and legalization of all documents
Once the initial residence process has been completed and a provisional residency granted, it must be renewed annually for four years, then a permanent residency will be granted.